Monday, January 4, 2010

Eat from the Pantry Challenge

This month I am taking part in the "Eat from the Pantry Challenge" put on by lifeasmom.com and moneysavingmom.com. My goal is to only buy produce and dairy at the store this month. I might buy some meat if the price is right. I'm trying to use up items in my freezer and pantry. You know, that lost roast at the back of the freezer, the unknown sauce packet in the pantry or the dozens of cans of tomatoes you have because you feel compelled to buy them when they are BOGO and you have a coupon! Tonight we are using up four cans of tomatoes to make homemade marinara, italian sausage from the freezer, an open box of pasta and leftover hamburger buns to make garlic bread. Tomorrow I hope to plan out my menu for the rest of the month. We'll see how this works out and hopefully the month of February will begin with a clean slate in the pantry and freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment